Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Zombie rune improvement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:02 pm 

I'm actually kind of neutral on this. If zombies are allowed to persist after the rune is dropped, they would just become another indiscriminate nuisance trap.

Here is an awesome, radical suggestion: ALL traps disappear when you drop the rune. That's right. If you want to use traps bad enough, you have to hold the rune. I don't expect strong support for this, but I would love to see it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

sprax wrote:
Here is an awesome, radical suggestion: ALL traps disappear when you drop the rune. That's right. If you want to use traps bad enough, you have to hold the rune. I don't expect strong support for this, but I would love to see it.

I added a similar feature a while ago which limits the amount of traps to whatever the default amount is. So for example, if you have death spots, place all your traps, die, and pick up death spots again you're total trap count is maxed out until one explodes, which then your count is reduced by one. It's only a config option though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:36 am 

sprax wrote:
I'm actually kind of neutral on this. If zombies are allowed to persist after the rune is dropped, they would just become another indiscriminate nuisance trap.

That takes all the fun out of Radio + Bezerk.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:32 pm 

That if you find it fun being stuck in the usual tiny map (DM4, Start, E1M7, repeat) with some joker hiding out with that combo. That's not fun, it's tedious. Probably the only upside is that if you run into it often enough, that loser map is over faster. Until we get voted back into it again, and again, and again, and again............