Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming for you!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:19 pm 

I've been wanting to see this game go under and die. I don't see how its not! Hasn't everyone upgraded their PC since Quake1 specs, or still running on pentiums? With one of those old white monitors discolored from smoking? Heh. I should come back, and rise up once again. Thus ending this curse of Quake ©1996

Post subject: Re: Coming for you!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 am 

Wulf wrote:
Heh. I should come back, and rise up once again. Thus ending this curse of Quake ©1996

There is always room for some more middle of the pack players on the servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:16 pm 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:44 pm 

Wulf middle of the pack? Lol, he'll come back and own us all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:48 am 

funkify wrote:
Wulf middle of the pack? Lol, he'll come back and own us all.

Hehe, I was trying to setup a scenario where he would have to return to Quake. If you tell a good player they are middle of the pack, the next logical step is that they say "Oh yeah!" and then show up on a server and end up playing every night for weeks on end.

I enjoy employing the jedi mind trick.

But needless to say, Wulf was used to playing rune newbies as the sole LPB on a server full of dialup users. While that does wonders for the ego, everyone has low ping now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:27 pm 

Hah, I've heard of Wulf being an old skool dm master, but I beg to difer. You should come back, it'd make a good match to play.

Bam

Post subject: I will come back. If I can find the gazillion files you need
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:58 pm 

Yes I'm a very old skool DM, Hating CTF, Rocket Arena, Rune player. I've been through so much controversey in this game, and so many experiences you wouldn't believe. Many positive, and life lessons I've learned. I've been playing this game since it came out in my mid teens, and off and on til i stopped abruptly in early 20's (I'm 22 now). Its a pleasure for me to say that I've had the chance to compete with a wide variety of skilled players from DM, and runequake especially. Whether it was FFA or 1v1 - playing with good sportsmanship or at each others throats as I was with old rivals (I had many of them!). It was all good! I have a pretty bad rep, and some people still may hold those old grudges to this day. I have forgiven and forgotten all of that negative stuff without second thought, and hope everyone else can meet me half way. I'm not the bad guy everyone makes me out to be. Like how Baker already says that I just enjoyed beating up HPB's as the only LPB. Thats your personal opinion so I respect it for that, but I mean cmon, really man. I'm fair, sensible, competitive, and confident (confident that I can perform well, and always give it my best whether I win or lose has never mattered as long as I gave it my best shot) I'm not arrogant though contrary to popular belief. I do not pick on or challenge people I know I can beat. We all have ego's to some extent, but I do not need to feed mine because I'm confident in myself. I wrote that original post just to ruffle some feathers and see who's still out there hehe ;) I tried to word it gently not to offend. I think its sad though to come back to this messageboard after so long, and still see the same old conflicts and accusations that I guess will never die. Baker, I don't have a doubt that you, and all you guys I remember from the past have improved (and become LPB) since our last battles long ago. In fact, I look forward to it! Sounds like alot of you guys have learned some new tricks, and I'd love to see them! Just don't go easy on me.

Post subject: Re: I will come back. If I can find the gazillion files you
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:16 pm 

Wulf wrote:
Like how Baker already says that I just enjoyed beating up HPB's as the only LPB. Thats your personal opinion so I respect it for that, but I mean cmon, really man. I'm fair, sensible, competitive, and confident

I was just messing with you so you'd have to show up on a server and start playing Quake again. :D

I know you are fast and accurate and are an old skool DM'er.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:59 pm 

Sweet, so just give me a yes or no. You're gonna start playing a little more again?

Bam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:59 pm 

Sweet, so just give me a yes or no. You're gonna start playing a little more again?

Bam

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:38 am 

Yeah I'll be around one of these days. When I get the chance to sit down, and collect all the ba-zillion files you need heh. Anyone got a website where I can get winGLquake and all that good stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:46 am 

http://freequake.quakeone.com

You can get everything installed that you need super fast from that page except pak1.pak (registered version pak file).

Since everyone knows you own a Quake CD since you've been around Quake for years, I'll send you a private message where you can get the missing link.

If you would like to play "modern Quake" vs. ugly Quake:

Then get this also: Yellow No. 5's Texture Pack - EZ Installer (9.03 MB)

And then use JoeQuake.

Last but not least, if you plan to play Rocket Arena at quake.shmack.net:26001 or CA+ at max.essentrix.net ... maps and sounds:

RA Maps/CA Sounds EZ Installer (7.7 MB)

Since everything listed is an EZ Installer and you have broadband, installing that stuff shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, tops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:32 pm 

Wulf was a good player? Since when? How come I don't remember this? ;)

If Wulf makes a comeback, then so will I. Maybe we should make a new clan, (RV) for Rusty Veterans. 8)

I'll be heading to QuakeCon this year in Dallas, so I'll try to take a few pics of Quake IV for you guys.

Post subject: Koopa!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:54 pm 

hey its a blast from the past, koopa! lol rusty veterans. I actually might goto the quakecon this year too. I live at most an hour from Dallas :D holla! I haven't yet made the effort to get all the stuff I need to play quake again! Got the game, but arg all the glquake, proquake, winquake, whatever ppl use now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:05 pm 

Hey wulf, come on back...!

Do you ever talk to L1quifya anymore??? His wittle bruther still comes around on occasions.

laterz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:05 pm 

I never heard of a Wulf in dm? And your oldschool? I do not recognize the name although I would like to play you 1 on 1 in dm if your up for it... when you get your skills back ofcourse :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:36 am 

I see YOU! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:52 pm 

Hey Weirdo, you should start playing again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:27 pm 

I play Quake 3 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:30 pm 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

Have you seen Urdead over there? :P