Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

is the change to maxspeed without a message just as bad as pk's modifications?
it's just as bad! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
it's not quite as bad. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
it's not an advantage. 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
it's a disadvantage to move faster! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:03 am 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

I wasn't slandering Chuck because there isn't anything wrong with his settings in most people's mind.

My answer to you regarding SINGED: Server settings vary. People choose how to set up their hook, speed, runes, etc. to create an atmosphere or style of game they prefer.

THE END

Post subject: snort
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:35 am 

not that.
Quote:
Using your reasoning one could argue that you cheat

i don't cheat and with my line of reasoning u can't argue that either :P.
this is what we call slander :). it's put uin the same class as urdead. anyhow since i don't sit idly when others heap abuse i figured i'd dish out some out to see if u liked it :P.

and thats a great awnser. it's so awsome. i just wish i knew what the question was.

now how about the 3 question's i asked?

why did u change speed? why did u tell no one?!?!?!?? and what is wrong with letting others know?

Post subject: uncut for your pleasure
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:06 am 

bah

Last edited by War on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: uncut for your pleasure.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:07 am 

bah both doubleposts.

Last edited by War on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: uncut for your pleasure. part1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:08 am 

blah

Last edited by War on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:09 am 

bah

Last edited by War on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:09 am 

Post subject: part2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:10 am 

Post subject: part3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:11 am 

Post subject: part 4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:14 am 

Post subject: Splash Screen
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:54 am 

I do know you don't have a helluva lot of room to put ANYTHING on that splash screen. Once you put your server rules in thats about it. Nor do I object at someone coming in the server to let others know how to change their settings to what the server is set at. I'm sure they would be more then willing to try "if" they understand what you are saying. So it would turn into your problem then when they want you to teach them.. After all.. You started it. :) But.. Say it and don't repeat it over and over to the same people unless prompted to do so? That would be my only request. We have a few newbies/returns that come into our server. I'm sure the newbies would love the help and the returns might not remember the settings they had.

War.. you still have me on icq? Mind msging me? I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:35 pm 

Hideo, Widomaker isn't your server, and quit saying the admins did this so they could have an unfair advantage.

If that's true then go attack the admins at EVERY server who has a different speed.

If that's true then go attack the admins at EVERY server who has a different speed.

I pasted that 3 times to increase the odds of you reading all of it. Or do like your buddy Chuck (who was the one who lit your fire cracker on the subject in the first place) and accept it. He went right to our board, made his case, you, you come to a different board where you hope to rally support, you see Ben's getting himself into hot water and must think "oh snort snort let me make things worse for them snort :D :D :D ".

You're doing the exact same stuff that led to one of your first bannings, a different story, but your actions are still the same, no respect and you won't quit. Sure you may have been at this server the longest and you think speak for every Quake player on the internet and you're mad because you aren't friends with the new admins (and have no say in what goes on), but that doesn't give you the right to call the RQP admins cheaters and expect not to get a negative reaction over a period of time (You keep doing it over and over, I'm sure, and then make long winded posts on other boards trying to make us look bad because in your opinion your view is the only right view and that everyone must know about it).

Chuck: Please talk to your friend about this since you seem to be taking this better than him, and quit saying stuff around him that makes him go crazy! Or is that your goal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:37 pm 

You come on here (I wonder why) thinking that if you throw a few false claims around, you will get what you want, well I got news for you Skippy, this issue is dead and buried, but then if you were posting in the correct place, you would already know this. Case in point: http://www.tltq.com/modules.php?op=modl ... ad&tid=165 Secondly, you are well known for your dislike of higher sv_maxspeed settings...I got some more news for you...TOUGH, Thats the way it is set and the way it will stay and there is nothing you can do about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:07 pm 

So your tatic is to annoy the heck out of someone till they just want to get rid of you and when they say something negative you just smile and get it out of your console log?

Post subject: bah
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:19 pm 

pita, i come on if i see somebody i know. i mention the new speed. usally at least 1 other perosn asks i explain. i can't help it if some admin is on everytime and takes offense to me telling others.

ieeee, since it was just rq. that changes speed settings one day outa the blue i though i'd bring the issue up. and since they refused to talk in private i simply made it public. yes i've seen chucks change. and since he actually talks to me i'm able to talk to him in private :P.

anyhow. until i posted here the rqa board was not veiwable to others and i'm never gonna regester there. if u read the first post u'd know why. simply can't trust u to have a respectible board.

and if u read. the logs. i say why not let me tell others so u won't have an advantage? at which point i'm kicked. what should someone think? my opinion isn't the only right view but if u think on it. perhaps telling nobody at all and not letting it be told is perhaps a bad position to take on this?

anyhow i'm not trying to get ben to come into hot water. i don't really care about him :P. simply wanted an issue adressed.all i asked were 3 questions which no rqa admin has awnsered. all i've gotten is abuse, excuses ,some dodging and a kick. 3simple questions were all i asked! was that so wrong? yet not a singleone has been awnsered.

ben, fine keeping the settings is perfectly fine. but why won't u let me say nething about them, and why oh god why can't u mention them and whats was wrong with posting this as news in the first place(is certenly was newsworthy) and the claims are true if u make them true. i mentioned them because the admin tried his best to make them true anytime i mentioned the change. lemme repeat the important portion for u. it's only true if u make it true! and u have been! u can change it by letting ppl mention it on servers! or if u wish to be seen as benevolent. put it on splash screen for a couple days.

i said i didn't want this to turn into a flame but heres how it whent.

why did u change speed? why did u tell no one? and what is wrong with letting others know?

waghhh others did(like pk).. waghhh surley they know all the console commands by heart and can feel the minute disturbances of each change! waghhh... shouldn't they check the settings of every server every time before everygame? waghhh... it's not your server waghhh..... to bad we did it and refused to tell anyone so ha!

apparently u guys can't awnser the questions. not much more to say if all u do is make new questions and awnser them. dosn't get anyone anywhere. guess theres no real reason for this anymore at all eh? i mean it's so much better when somebody asks u how the weather is and u say "yes! i want your 20bucks! gimmie!". :P.

instead of making a new response to a q that was never asked.a good way for u to end this is simply stop posting here and teling your admins to not make a big issue if somebody explains how to change the cl_speed's.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:23 pm 

ok find something positive he said! and i didn't annoy him till he kicked me. he came on telling me i was starting shit. i explained what was happening. apparently he took offense to the message that i wished to tell other ppl so that he wouldn't have an advantage. cause he said oh now u've done it and kicked me.

and your post there was sorta what i was talking about. it awnsers none of the 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:56 pm 

You used to call me a liar, well let me point out some things about you.

>> i've been gone from quake awhile but the setting was like this when i came back a couple weeks ago. this could have been going on even longer.

So you already knew about the change, but you didn't say anything sooner? Sounds like the same situation you were pointing out with DZ not saying anything about PK's possible cheat.

Seems like you waited for just the right time to make the post too.

That makes you a hypocrite.
Quote:
hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that they do not hold

And then inside a post just for Slot you said:

>>it's not the change itself thats the dishonest part. it's the "we don't want anyone else to know" that is.

Well according to Ben it was JL and he just told you to shut up about it (not a quote), and I think you misunderstood what he meant. Odds are he wanted you to stop going on and on and on about that one topic.

You are annoying, that's true, and maybe a liar, unless you were just missunderstanding what he meant.

Now you post these questions:

>>why did u change speed?

I am not an admin and I'll leave it to them to answer.

>>why did u tell no one?

I personally didn't know of the change and really don't care since if I'm running faster and lag I'll just be running into walls even more.

>>and what is wrong with letting others know?

Nothing is wrong, but it seems your methods can be somewhat annoying since you don't know when to shut up.

Now let me ask you some questions: Why didn't you make just a post asking these questions, instead you start a poll asking "is the change to maxspeed without a message just as bad as pk's modifications?" Which seems to note this was done in reply to seeing the other post.

By the way, you rushed into this without knowing alot (and fools rush in). You still seem to think this is RQA and that Dolemite is still deleting posts. News update: Dolemite is gone and far as I know not a single post has been edited or deleted.

You refuse to even check our website which is the website of RQ+ and this site is not for RQ+. You fail to accept us as indepenant entities that are somewhat apart from normal Rune Quake. And maybe, just maybe if your approach was better we could have worked with you, but your negative attitude seemed to outweight your positive goal.

People who come in screaming "They're cheating! They're cheating! is it a bird? is it a plane? it's a player with diff maxspeed! And the admins are using it so they can run faster than you!" there chances of being heard are less than someone who is normal and askes "Why is the speed higher?".

And then you mask your claims of "Cheater!" with the fact that you are trying to do something positive, and calling the admin a cheater on his own server over and over isn't a good thing, or do you not know that?

You use real life examples, right? Well if you come across a dead body and only one person in the room, do you say "That person is dead and you must have done it since you are in the same room with him! Murderer!" compared to your logic "The server speed is different therefore the admins are trying to run faster! Cheater!".

The sheer fact that you continue on and on about something stupid as the speed of running in a Quake game and how it might have been changed just so the admins can run faster seems to denote your break from Quake should have been longer. We are not the only Quake servers on this planet, why do you want to pester us specifically and try to make us look like cheaters?

I think you have more motive than you let on and Chuck may have known this and used you against us. Although Chuck is helpful I sometimes wonder why he does things that appear odd or post things that seem odd. Just before you started making trouble Chuck appeared to be stirring up the same topic, but then quickly grew silent, as if he knew he had started a ball rolling and wanted to watch it from a safe distance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:03 pm 

>why did u change speed?

Because I CAN!

>why did u tell no one?

Because it's a waste of my time!

>and what is wrong with letting others know?

Who cares?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:06 pm 

As you can see by Ben's responce he's just changed it because he wanted to and he isn't required by any known law to tell people what he changed on his server.

I believe you just want to discredit him anyway possible and try to get rid of the players at his servers since you don't like him being in charge. Which sounds like a valid reason to be banned to me.

There is a bit of irony in all of this, it seemed that Ben and DZ tried to discredit PK, and now Hideo is trying to discredit Ben and all the RQP admins. The real irony is that this time I'm not the one in the spotlight, but I'm trying to help anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:51 pm 

ieee, i had to go away on vacation. if i posted this and left for a week. u guys woulda made up alot of bs. i simply wasn't around. when i got back it was stil the same. i tried to discuss it on server. i tried to simply let others know also which woulda fixed this quick and easy. didn't get anywhere took it here. after all it wasn't really cheating until i was told not to tell others.

i started the poll because i thought it was obvious to anyone that moving faster then another is an advantage. dosn't matter if u meant to or not. it simply is. and trying to keep it to yourself would make it cheating.

u say he's gone. but u've said that b4. and what was it? once a cheater always a cheater? once an insane board always an insane board? i can't trust that board. i post here because slots been mostly silent. he dosn't delete. at most he locks a topic. i did check your website.i'm starting to wonder if u read through my posts.

Quote:
You use real life examples, right? Well if you come across a dead body and only one person in the room, do you say "That person is dead and you must have done it since you are in the same room with him! Murderer!" compared to your logic "The server speed is different therefore the admins are trying to run faster! Cheater!".

actually ieee. if u want somethign sismilar. it'd be. ur friend kills a man. u stay silent. ur called a what???? acomplice! the way to fix that is telling whatcha know :). but the way u phrased isn't how i adressed this at all:). this is called a different question. it's not somebody else who changed it. i had to be u guys. unless ur saying some other entity controls how u guys set the server :P.

Quote:
Well according to Ben it was JL and he just told you to shut up about it (not a quote), and I think you misunderstood what he meant. Odds are he wanted you to stop going on and on and on about that one topic.

he threatened to ban me unless i stfu. what did i misunderstand?
then ben kicks me because i want a level playing feild? wtf???

ieee i called u a liar during the dole thing because u were. u said u checked into the issue. but in the e-mail and icq and on server u said u had not! u didn't help things by lying. and bringing it up here ain't gonna help u. i been lazy haven't cleaned my icq logs or e-mail. so i wouldn't bring this up if i were u.

ben,ok lets discuss that. it's a waste of your time to tell ppl that u changed maxspeed but not to post funny images? some ppl actually post any change in the mod.

as for who cares. i assume anyone with cl_speed's of 320 does :). which sorta was the point :P.

ieee again,
Quote:
I believe you just want to discredit him anyway possible and try to get rid of the players at his servers since you don't like him being in charge. Which sounds like a valid reason to be banned to me.

don't really care that he's in charge. i'm not trying to discredit him. i started this post. if he said perhaps we shoulda told ppl. yes maybe news post is a good idea. maybe this woulda been simply over? think on it. i'm not deiscrediting him. he and the rqa admins are discrediting himself. think on clinton. does it seem familiar in ne way? and one thing i would not do is drive ppl away from wido.

anyhow didn't know u had to be in love with ppl to not be banned? i really feel nuttin twords him :P.

u keep acting like i'm saying my point of veiw is the only valid one. it might be. but your poin of view dosn't really hold up at all.

not telling ppl was probably a bad idea. not letting others mention it does make it look like your trying to hide it. when hiding it u have an advanate. right? u do admit that somone moving at clspeed of 320 is more then cl_speed of 20 right? a small advantage is just as bad as a large one.

theres no law. i'm just saying that by not doing it it and NOT ALLOWING OTHERS TO makes it look like something wrong. theres no specific law that says i'm not allowed to make funny faces in a persons family pictures. it's still wrong to do it.

btw i'm glad u awsered the 3 q's even if u didn't give them any thought or consideration.

like i said u could simply let this drop. i assume ur just 2 set in your ways to even take suggestions :P. after all surely the point of view of i'm god and i can do anything i want as i want is right? :P. never make mistakes right? or at least u can't admit to them.